Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The sunburn to end all sunburns

Maybe I'm exaggerating but it seriously could be.

They say most of the sun damage to your skin happens during your teen years. For this, I was always very careful. Lots of sunscreen, minimal exposure, hats, long sleeves. But for what? For in a single hour I have absorbed 10 years worth of ultra violet sun rays.

It looks as though I have taken slabs of raw salmon and plastered them across my mid-section. But this time, its not raw salmon, ITS MY SKIN. Yes, my skin. 

I will say this. Luckily, I only exposed my stomach to the sun because it was in the most need, so the rest of me is okay. Truly, if I laid on the sand, it disappeared completely, causing various passers-by to faint from the shock of seeing a disconnected chest and hips reclining on the beach. So it really was in the best interest of all to achieve some level of tan.

Hopefully, eventually it will turn into a tan. But for now, I carefully limp to bed and apply generous amounts of aloe.

1 comment:

J said...

Gab

How many times have I told you to put sunscreen on????????? XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX